Monday 15 February 2016

Why Writing is Good For The Soul


I've always loved writing. So much so that I've kept a diary since July 2008, and written in it everyday since then. I love looking back on them and seeing how much has changed over the last eight years, and I believe that the process of keeping a diary is part of what's helped to keep me sane over the years.

I'm a huge advocate of writing things down for several reasons:
It helps to clear your head and organise your thoughts. Writing my diary is the last thing I do before I go to bed, and doing this allows me to just ramble about the day and get all my thoughts on paper. I also have a habit of writing a to-do list for the next day right before I go to bed, and this allows me to just get everything out of my head and onto a piece of paper. This will also help you to sleep better, because once everything is written down, you no longer have to worry about it, and you can sleep easy.

If you're a person who likes remembering things, keeping a diary is also a great way of keeping a record of events that happen. Many people keep diaries just for certain events, such as holidays, and this is a great way to help remember all the wonderful things that happen.

I personally find writing to be very therapeutic. If you find yourself stressed or in a rut, find a piece of paper and just write. Anything that comes into your head, and keep writing until you don't feel stressed anymore. Once you're done, you can either burn the piece of paper, or keep it for future reference. Either way, writing things down really helps to figure out how you're feeling or what you want. It can help you deal with things that maybe you don't want to talk about, or help someone else to explain a situation that they're dealing with. I also love the flexibility of writing. Basically all phones have a 'notes' section now, and therefore you can write anywhere and everywhere, and you never know when you may become inspired to write.

What kind of things do you write on a regular basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment