Friday 23 December 2016

Review: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I was struggling for something to write this week, if I'm honest. It's the last post of the year and I felt a certain amount of pressure to make it really interesting. But if I've learnt nothing else this year, it's that sometimes you have to just go with the flow.


So with that in mind, I have to write about this book. I finished it about twenty minutes ago and OH MY FREAKING GOD. It was so good. I read it in two days. I spent the majority of today curled up reading it. I couldn't tear myself away.

The narrator, Rachel, takes the same train everyday and spends her time watching the people who live in the houses along the train tracks. She feels like she's a part of their lives, watching them do the same things everyday. Then when a woman goes missing, she feels like she has information that could help solve the mystery of what happen to her.

Between this novel and Gone Girl, I feel like thriller novels are my new thing. If you like to read and haven't read this yet, you absolutely have to. The next thing on my to-do list is watch the film adaption with Emily Blunt - hopefully it'll be just as exciting as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment