Sunday 8 January 2017

Review: 2016

2016 was a really good year for me. And I'm not one to normally say that - I believe in balance and I constantly worry that for every good thing that happens to me, something bad will happen too. True story. I don't understand my brain sometimes. Most of the time, actually. But I digress...

I've done a ton of awesome stuff: zorbing, surfing, the fastest zip wire in the world, got a tattoo, passed my second year and started my final year at university, kept up with yoga and meditation and got my anxiety mostly under control. The difference in myself between this time last year and right now is mad. And I've been to so many incredible places this year!




My resolutions from last year were:
1) Stop biting my nails
A big fat NOPE for this one. I had a breakthrough somewhen in the middle of the year and they actually got quite long, but it lasted for about a week. Back on the list for this year!

2) Change computer/phone wallpaper every month
I actually did this up until about September. Being back at university means the days and weeks just blur together, and I completely lost track of doing it. I'm good with the background I've got at the moment, it's time to move on.

3) Post on Facebook more
Meh. Sort of. I've been sharing things more than actually posting things myself. Although Facebook will feature in my resolutions this year - watch this space! Or scroll down. You know, whatever works.

4) Take more pictures - YESSSS!
Ever since having my gratitude app (which I have a post on!), I've taken at least one picture every single day. Even before having the app I was taking more pictures, so I'm counting this one!

5) Write gratitudes everyday - YESSS!
I kind of covered these last two in my post on The Gift of Gratitudes, but I have written at least one gratitude every single day for this last year. That's one of the things I'm most proud of. What a fantastic year it's been.

I'm so looking forward to what 2017 will bring. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment