Monday 24 July 2017

Europe in 14 Days: Rome

Rome is one of the places that I was most looking forward to. We went all over the city, to all the 'tourist' places, and had the best time. The only 'downside', if that's what you want to call it, is that it was HOT. Like 37 degrees hot. As it turns out, I'm not built for hot weather, I prefer something a bit cooler, so wandering around was more tiring than I expected.

The first place that we visited was Vatican City, which was... impressive, to say the least. That's the only word I can think of to describe it.


The next thing we visited was the Trevi Fountain, which was the only thing that I absolutely HAD to see whilst in Rome. And it did not disappoint. I got to have my Lizzie McQuire moment and throw a coin over my shoulder into it, so I was happy.


We also saw the Colosseum, of course. It is impressive now, so I would have loved to have seen it before it was a ruin. We spent a fair few hours there, and I'm still not convinced we saw the entire thing. You can walk pretty much the entire way round.


I will also be returning to Rome one day. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment