Thursday 2 November 2017

Review: Norma by Sofi Oksanen


I was so excited to read this book because I thought the idea of it sounded so original and interesting, but honestly, I don't really get it. At all. The whole time I was reading it I was waiting for the 'Ah, I get it!' moment, but that never came, and having just finished the book, I still don't really understand what it was about or what happened.

The way it was written was also confusing - it jumped back and forth between various characters with no real way to tell who's point of view it was, and this made the story incredibly difficult to follow.

It is a gorgeous book, there's that to be said for it. The cover is absolutely beautiful, and one of the reasons that I was so excited to read it, but unfortunately the story just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment