Thursday 23 November 2017

Review: She's Not There by Joy Fielding


I loved this! I couldn't put it down! It took a couple of pages for the story to set itself up, but once the mystery and suspense began, I couldn't stop reading it until I was finished.

Caroline doesn't know if she will ever find out what happened to her two year old daughter, who was kidnapped while they were on holiday in Mexico. I like the fact that the story flits between the past and the present, as this means that we are able to find out exactly what happened a bit at a time.

There is also a shocking twist at the end that I definitely did not see coming, but it wrapped up the story nicely. The one thing I would say about this book is that it ended kind of abruptly. The story sort of wraps up and ends in the space of a couple of pages, and while the ending is good, it seemed a bit rushed.

I would definitely recommend this if you're a fan of suspenseful mystery/crime books, it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment